Narcotis Seizure - Albany Police Department (Photo)
On Wednesday, October 28, 2015, at about 7:30 p.m., Albany Police Street Crimes Detectives arrested 35-year-old Rekita Stidum for delivery of heroin. An ongoing Albany Police investigation had identified Stidum as a supplier of narcotics to dealers in Albany.
The arrest took place in the 400 block of NE Pine Street in Salem. The investigation then led to the seizure of dealer quantities of narcotics from Rekita Stidum's residence in the 1500 block of NE Broadway Street in Salem.
The following evidence was seized from Stidum's residence:
* Over 1 ?1/2 pounds of methamphetamine
* Over 1 ounce of crack cocaine
* Over 1 ounce of heroin
* Powder cocaine
* In excess of $3,000 U.S. currency
* A semi automatic handgun
Stidum's two children, ages 6 and 12, were at the residence when the narcotics were seized. As a result, the children were placed into DHS protective custody.
Stidum was lodged in the Marion County Jail on the following charges:
* Unlawful Possession of Methamphetamine
* Unlawful Delivery of Methamphetamine
* Unlawful Possession of Cocaine
* Unlawful Delivery of Cocaine
* Unlawful Possession of Heroin
* Unlawful Delivery of Heroin
* Child Neglect
* Endangering the Welfare of a Minor