Internal Investigation Complete - 08/20/14
* On June 25, 2013 Officer Adam Keesee is placed on administrative leave based on allegations of possible criminal conduct stemming from a tort claim filed against the City of Sherwood and Officer Adam Keesee.
* On July 19, 2013 the Sherwood Police Department requested that Oregon State Police (OSP) conduct a criminal investigation of Officer Adam Keesee. As a matter of policy the Sherwood Police Department does not conduct criminal investigations of its own members. The criminal investigation was forwarded to the Clackamas County DA's Office which declined to prosecute.
* On or around February 20, 2014 immediately following the completion of the criminal investigation, an internal investigation was initiated by the City Attorney's Office and Officer Adam Keesee remained on leave. The internal investigation was conducted by a third-party investigator to ensure a fair, unbiased, and transparent investigation.
* On August 18, 2014 the internal investigation was completed and found no violations of Sherwood Police Department policies by Officer Adam Keesee. The internal investigator found the allegations against Officer Adam Keesee to be unfounded.
* On August 20, 2014 Officer Adam Keesee was removed from administrative leave and returned to full-duty.
The City of Sherwood and the Sherwood Police Department take all allegations of misconduct seriously and is dedicated to providing professional law enforcement services and preserving the quality of life for its citizens and community.
The Sherwood Police Department wishes to thank the community for their patience in this matter.
The City of Sherwood and the Sherwood Police Department is also grateful for the assistance of the various professional investigators involved in this matter.
In light of state law restrictions and pending civil litigation, the Sherwood Police Department is unable to comment any further and will not answer any questions regarding this matter.