The Colorado Springs School District 11 Board of Education will hold a board meeting on Wednesday, February 8, 6:30 p.m. To view the agenda, go to the Board of Education webpage, hover over meetings, and select BoardDocs Public Site. The February 8 agenda is featured.
On Thursday, January 26, at 1 p.m., Scott Elementary School, 6175 Whetstone Dr., will hold an assembly to hear from and honor the founder of Dawson Construction Company for Dawson's more than $50,000 donation toward Scott's Outdoor Learning Center. The media is invited to attend this event.
Since the beginning of the school year, the Scott community has been working on getting funds to build an Outdoor Learning Center. Dawson donated over $50,000 in materials, and more than that in labor, to help create the center.
Currently, there are planters for each grade level. In the spring a decision will be made as to what will be planted, and the students will be responsible for the care of the gardens. Eventually, the garden will have musical centers, a buddy bench, and other tactile centers, along with an amphitheater where teachers can take their classes for outdoor learning.
The Colorado Springs School District 11 Board of Education will hold a board meeting on Wednesday, January 25, 6:30 p.m. The consent/action items on this agenda include:
* Designation of Official Posting Location for Board of Education Meetings and Notices
* Proposed School Year Calendar 2017-2018
* 2016-17 Revised Student Fees, Fines, and Charges
* Contract Award: Construction Contract: Install Air Conditioning and Upgrade Controls at North Middle School
* Resolution 2017-28:African American History Month; Resolution 2017-29: Career and Technical Education Month
* FY2016-17 Mid-Year Budget Modifications
To view the agenda, go to the Board of Education webpage, hover over meetings, and select BoardDocs Public Site. The January 25 agenda is featured.