Clackamas Fire Dist. #1
Emergency Messages as of 5:36 am, Mon. Mar. 27
No information currently posted. Operating as usual.
Subscribe to receive FlashAlert messages from Clackamas Fire Dist. #1. Please use any browser other than Internet Explorer.
Primary email address for a new account:

Emergency Alerts News Releases  
And/or follow our FlashAlerts via Twitter

About FlashAlert on Twitter:

FlashAlert utilizes the free service Twitter to distribute emergency text messages. While you are welcome to register your cell phone text message address directly into the FlashAlert system, we recommend that you simply "follow" the FlashAlert account for Clackamas Fire Dist. #1 by clicking on the link below and logging in to (or creating) your free Twitter account. Twitter sends messages out exceptionally fast thanks to arrangements they have made with the cell phone companies.

Click here to add Clackamas Fire Dist. #1 to your Twitter account or create one.

Hide this Message


Manage my existing Subscription

News Releases
NCS Students Learning CPR
NCS Students Learning CPR
North Clackamas Schools Donates $10,000 to Hands-Only CPR Program for Students (Photo) - 03/22/17

Clackamas Fire District #1 has partnered with North Clackamas Schools to provide hands-only CPR and AED training as part of the new health curriculum for middle schools across the state of Oregon. North Clackamas Schools (NCS) has generously donated $10,000 to Clackamas Fire to purchase inflatable CPR manikins that are included in the hands-only CPR kits for students of North Clackamas Schools.

The donation from NCS couldn't have come at a more crucial time, as the School District continues to grow and with the limited number of manikins, students haven't been able to take their kits home to practice their skills and teach three to ten friends or family members. The funding from NCS will add an additional 350 CPR manikins, which are due to arrive March 23, 2017.

"Clackamas Fire is extremely proud of the partnership we have created with the North Clackamas Schools. We are now able to purchase much needed mannequins to help ensure students learn how to help save a life through performing CPR," said Clackamas Fire Chief Fred Charlton.

The health classes that make up NCS include: Happy Valley Middle School, Rock Creek Middle School, Alder Creek Middle School, Rowe Middle School, Sabin-Schellenberg Center, and Clackamas High School. Each semester, the school's health classes receive CPR training, which was implemented into the curriculum for the 2015-2016 school year.

"North Clackamas Schools benefits from effective community partnerships. We don't always get to say those partnerships have live-saving implications," says Superintendent Matt Utterback. "This is a partnership that is directly tied to teaching our students a life-saving skill that they can use in our local community."

There were 2,400 students taught for the 2015-2016 school year and 9,595 community members were taught CPR by students. There have been 2,115 students taught for the 2016-2017 school year. Through the help and support of NCS and in collaboration with Clackamas Fire, students will have the tools they need to potentially save a life.

IMG_3328.JPG
IMG_3328.JPG
UPDATE - Cause: Fire at the North Clackamas School District Facility Building goes to second alarm (Photo) - 03/22/17

From Tuesday: At 8:00pm this evening, Clackamas Fire District #1 (CFD #1) firefighters responded to the report of a fire at the North Clackamas School District Facility Operations building located at 12449 Fuller Rd in Milwaukie. After the first crews arrived, the fire was immediately upgraded to a second alarm due to the size of the building and the large amount of fire showing. They quickly started to attack the fire as next arriving apparatus went inside to search for victims and to the roof to ventilate the building. The fire was reported under control within 30 minutes of the initial call. No injuries were reported and Clackamas Fire Investigators are on scene to determine the cause. Clackamas Fire was assisted by Portland Fire and Rescue, Clackamas County Sheriff and AMR.

There was a worker on scene when the fire broke out and he immediately called 911 to report the fire. Immediate notification to dispatch, two fire stations located near the building, and the quick deployment of water to the fire contributed to the quick extinguishment of the fire. There were some calls to dispatch of a possible car into the building but firefighters quickly determined this was a car parked in front of the building.

UPDATE: 3/22 at 3:22 pm

FIRE INVESTIGATION INFORMATION;

The cause of the fire was gasoline vapors venting from a pressurized portable fueling equipment. Unfortunately, the vapors migrated upward and reached the pilot light of the gas ceiling furnace. The pilot light ignited the vapors. The maintenance shop was heavily damaged by the fire and The fire wall protected the office space and carpentry shop next door. Numerous tools and equipment were damaged by the fire.

Attached Media Files: IMG_3328.JPG , IMG_3331.JPG , IMG_3335.JPG
barn_fire_2.jpeg
barn_fire_2.jpeg
Early morning fire destroys a barn in Eagle Creek. (Photo) - 03/09/17

At 1:08 this morning Clackamas Fire District 1 firefighters responded to a reported barn fire in the Eagle Creek area near Hwy. 224 and Hwy 211. There were multiple calls received by Clackamas communications- CCOM and when first arriving crews arrived the 60 feet by 120 foot barn was fully involved with fire. The contents of the barn was 1500 pound bales of hay and farm equipment. Firefighters had to use water tenders to shuttle water to the fire as they went to work to protect exposures and keep the fire from spreading. After the fire was under control heavy equipment from Clackamas County was brought in to pull the steel building apart allowing firefighter to get to the hidden fires. Estacada Fire and Sandy Fire assisted Clackamas fire with the fire and no injuries were reported. Firefighters are still on scene and the fire is under investigation.

Fire contained to the one bedroom
Fire contained to the one bedroom
Early morning apartment fire sets off smoke alarms and everyone gets out safe (Photo) - 03/04/17

At 3:15 this morning Clackamas firefighters responded to an apartment fire located at 3430 SE Harrison Street in Milwaukie. When they arrived they located a fire in the second story apartment bedroom and quickly extinguished it. Everyone was safe outside and the fire was contained to the bedroom. The resident of the apartment said he was downstairs watching television while the other occupant was asleep in the bedroom upstairs when the smoke detector sounded. They both escaped unharmed along with there dog. It is unknown how the fire started and Clackamas Fire Inspectors are on scene to determine a cause. Clackamas Fire District 1 firefighters along with Portland Fire and Milwaukie Police were all on scene.

This is a great example of smoke alarms making a difference in a residence. Lives were saved and property damage was kept to a minimum this morning due to early detection.