Ridgefield School District offers tips and tricks for its first day of school - September 3, 2014 (Photo)
Visit the All About Schools section on the website for more information!
Monday, August 18, 2014-Ridgefield, WA-The first day of school for Ridgefield School District is Wednesday, September 3, so this week's Did You Know comes packed with tips and tricks to make sure students, parents and the community can prepare for the new school year!
First Day of School
The first day of school is Wednesday, September 3, 2014 and all schools will run on normal schedule. Beginning the following week on Wednesday, September 10, schools will start one hour later for Collaboration Days and will continue to do so every Wednesday thereafter throughout the school year.
Meet Our New Superintendent, Dr. Nathan McCann
Dr. Nathan McCann was appointed superintendent of the Ridgefield School District on March 25 and officially assumed duties on July 1. Previously, he served as superintendent of the Altar Valley School District in Tucson, Arizona.
In addition to community events such as coffee talks where community members can meet Superintendent McCann and share their perspectives of the school district, Superintendent McCann encourages any community member to contact him should they have any concerns or suggestions regarding the school district. He can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
or via the district office at (360) 619-1305.
Although the majority of the capital facilities projects will be finished or reaching completion by the first day of school, construction crews may continue to be present at our schools. Please use caution and care when walking or driving near any active construction sites.
For regular updates on the district's capital facilities construction projects, please visit the District's Construction Blog: http://www.ridge.k12.wa.us/domain/19
Annual Notifications Packet
The Annual Notifications Packet was mailed to Ridgefield households in early August. The packet contains important district notifications, a welcome letter from Superintendent McCann, a nondisclosure form, a letter to households regarding the National School Lunch Program, an application for Free and Reduced Meals, and the district calendar.
If you would like to download a copy of the packet from the website, you can get it here: http://www.ridge.k12.wa.us/domain/49
All About School - Website Section
Please visit the All About School section of the district website to answer many of your questions about school as well as download important forms at http://bit.ly/AllAboutSchool.
The All About Schools site includes the following sections:
* Forms & Resources: all forms and online applications are provided in this section including Athletics Safety Guidelines and Eligibility Packets; school calendars; student supply lists; links to Community Education, Skyward Access, Meal Menus, and useful websites; and much, much more.
* Frequently Asked Questions: find answers to many questions you may have, and ask your own, too.
* Schedules - Start/End Times: the start/end times for each school are provided in this section along with links to each school's specific bell schedules.
* School Contact Information: office and attendance phone numbers for each school are listed here along with the direct URL to each school's specific website.
Staff is back in the office on Wednesday, August 20!
If you need to register your student for school, need Skyward Access, or need help from building staff, all building secretaries and the majority of school staff will return from summer break on Wednesday, August 20 and will be ready to help you!
More information and regular updates from the district
As always, you can get more information about Ridgefield's schools from the following sources:
* Website: www.ridge.k12.wa.us
* Facebook: www.fb.com/RidgefieldSchools
* Twitter: www.twitter.com/RidgefieldSD
* Did You Know Email List: http://bit.ly/RSD-DYK
* Flash Alert Subscription: http://bit.ly/RSD-Flash