Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue
Emergency Messages as of 7:20 am, Thu. Jan. 18
No information currently posted. Operating as usual.
Subscribe to receive FlashAlert messages from Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue. Please use any browser other than Internet Explorer.
Primary email address for a new account:

Emergency Alerts News Releases  
And/or follow our FlashAlerts via Twitter

About FlashAlert on Twitter:

FlashAlert utilizes the free service Twitter to distribute emergency text messages. While you are welcome to register your cell phone text message address directly into the FlashAlert system, we recommend that you simply "follow" the FlashAlert account for Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue by clicking on the link below and logging in to (or creating) your free Twitter account. Twitter sends messages out exceptionally fast thanks to arrangements they have made with the cell phone companies.

Click here to add Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue to your Twitter account or create one.

Hide this Message


Manage my existing Subscription

News Releases
Murrayhill_Woods_2.jpg
Murrayhill_Woods_2.jpg
Daughter and Elder Mother Displaced from Fire at Murrayhill Woods Condominium (Photo) - 01/03/18

Just after 10a.m. this morning, TVF&R firefighters responded to reports of a condominium fire in the 9500 block of SW 146th Terrace in Beaverton. First-arriving crews from Station 67 quickly knocked down the fire and contained it to one condominium. A unit above sustained minor smoke damage.

The owner of the condominium awoke to fire alarms sounding and discovered fire burning in the living room. While evacuating her elder mother, she sustained burns to her feet. Both women were transported by Metro West Ambulance to Emmanuel Hospital. During firefighting and search efforts, firefighters retrieved a dog. Despite resuscitation attempts, the dog did not survive.

The American Red Cross is assisting the fire victims with shelter and necessities. Unfortunately, they did not have homeowner's insurance and their condominium was not equipped with a fire sprinkler system.

A fire investigator has determined that the fire was accidental in nature and likely resulted from a wood-burning fireplace. For tips about fireplace safety and home heating equipment, please visit http://www.tvfr.com/index.aspx?NID=140.

5226_SW_Eastgate.jpg
5226_SW_Eastgate.jpg
Residential fire in Rural Clackamas County. (Photo) - 12/25/17

At 1:52 am in a rural portion of Clackamas County, Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue was dispatched on a fire inside a single family home. The first engine arrived minutes later and declared this a working fire and called for additional resources to respond. A fast and aggressive attack by firefighters helped extinguish the main body of the fire; quickly containing it to one portion of the home. Smoke conditions in the home were significant and it took fire crews some additional time to ensure no extension into other portions of the large 6000 sq. ft. home. Working smoke detectors helped alert the sleeping residents so they could safely escape with no injuries. This fire occurred just outside the Wilsonville area where no fire hydrants were immediately available so water was brought in to the scene with large water tenders. Two adults were displaced and have been moved to a local hotel. Investigators on scene have determined this originated in a gas fireplace located in the master bedroom. This has been ruled an accidental fire due to an installation deficiency. The estimated damage to the home is approximately $50,000.

TVF&R would like to remind you that working smoke detectors save lives.



###

Attached Media Files: 5226_SW_Eastgate.jpg